The month of July was a good one for casinos located in the Chile, with gross gaming revenues coming in at $40,970,435. The earnings for the month showed a 2.7% increase for July when compared to the same month in 2015.
Based on the results from July, the regulated casino industry of Chile has seen an overall accumulated real growth of 5% within a year time frame. For the month, the number of visitors to local casinos was up with 494,015 individuals enjoying the gaming options of Chile venues. This was a .29% increase in visitors when compared to the same month last year.
Casinos in Chile are located in 11 regions of Chile within 16 municipalities. These areas were able to receive $4.5bn based on gaming tax revenues with casinos able to generate $1.581bn in taxes for entrance fees for Chile. In gaming VAT, $4.401bn was generated.
Coming in at the top of the list for gaming revenues was the Sun Monticello venue, which earned $7.140bn pesos, which was a 25.9% increase in gaming. Second place on the list was the Casino Rinconada which earned $3.526bn with 12.8% in revenue increase. Marina del Sol Talcahuano earned the 3rd spot on the list with $3.484bn in revenues which was an increase of 12.6%.
Additional casinos earnings include:
- Enjoy Antofagasta with $2.460bn in earnings
- Dreams Temuco with $1.923bn in earnings
- Gran Casino de Talca with $1.078bn in earnings
- Dreams Valdivia with $1.007bn in earnings
- Antay Casino & Hotel with $957m in earnings
- Marina del Sol Osorno with $827m in earnings
- Casino de Juegos del Pacifico with $732m in earnings
- Casino de Colchagua with $564m in earnings
- Dreams Coyhaique with $426m in earnings
- Casino Gran Los Angelees with $399m in earnings
- Enjoy Chiloe with $353m in earnings
The Chilean Gaming Control Board reported that for July, the 10,147 slot machines were able to provide 93.9% in stake on average. Total bets on the slot games came in at $361.327bn with prizes provided in an amount of $339.119bn.
It is believed that the revenues in Chile will continue to increase for the short term as well as long term. For the short term, the Ovalle Casino Resort S. A. opened at the end of last month, which will only continue to add to the revenues for Chile. Marina del Sol is also expected to help bring in revenues in the long term, as the casino finally gained licensing. The Marina del Sol has two years to construct the casino and begin operations.