Belgian gambling brand Circus Casino has reportedly entered the land-based casino market in Switzerland after finalizing an arrangement to buy a majority interest in that nation’s modest Casino de Crans-Montana property.

According to a source, the enterprise owned by Liege-headquartered Ardent Group has paid an undisclosed amount of cash so as to purchase a controlling 57.24% stake in the gambling venue from prominent French casino operator Groupe Partouche. This arrangement purportedly also saw the subject property’s remaining 42.76% interest remain in the hands of local investments vehicle Ispar Holding SA and the area communities of Icogne, Lens and Crans-Montana.

Adjacent activities:

Circus Casino was reportedly already responsible for seven casinos in the neighboring nation of France including the Circus Casino de Balaruc-les-Bains and the Circus Casino de Leucate properties as well as the prestigious Circus Club de Paris venue. The source explained that the firm’s premiere onto the Swiss casino scene nonetheless comes only three months after its parent paid an undisclosed amount of money to procure a 90% stake in the upmarket Casino Davos property.

Positive potential:

Sebastien Leclercq serves as the France Country Manager for Circus Casino and he reportedly disclosed that the Casino de Crans-Montana venue is located in the tourist-friendly Alpine canton of Valais, which additionally hosts a selection of over 45 ski resorts, and provides employment for 53 people. The executive furthermore purportedly noted that the modest facility currently offers a diverse selection of slot and table games and generated aggregated gaming revenues for the whole of 2019 of around $16.3 million.

Reportedly read a statement from Leclercq…

“We are proud to announce the acquisition of the stake in Casino de Crans-Montanta, which is a fantastic land-based establishment that has gained a great reputation over the years in addition to many loyal clients. This transaction is representative of Ardent Group’s ambitious plans while underlining the growth strategy of its Circus Casino brand as a major actor in land-based gaming halls and casinos.”

Online optimism:

In related news and the source reported that Belgian online casino games developer Gaming1 is affiliated with the many venues Circus Casino operates in France and is now thought to be preparing to enter the Swiss iGaming market on its own via a new omni-channel domain at This innovator is similarly owned by Ardent Group and purportedly already offers a portfolio of over 200 mobile-friendly video slots to aficionados in nation’s as diverse as Spain, Colombia, Portugal and Serbia.