Following the release of the hit The Race Megaways™, Big Time Gaming, a world-class casino games developer based in New South Wales, Australia, has released Vegas Rush, a Las Vegas casino-themed slot that features slots in a Las Vegas casino.
True to its name, the main theme of the slot is the aforementioned glittering Las Vegas casino. The background is a blurry image of slot machines on the casino floor, with a “25 Megaclusters” sign above the reels. In addition, 25 means that the reels are equipped with that number of symbols, which can increase to 100 when the player makes consecutive wins. To the left of the reels is the MegaTrail™ with 12 rungs. Each time a symbol participates in a win, it is removed and replaced by 4 smaller ones, aka a consecutive win is created. Therefore, for each consecutive win, the player climbs one rung on the MegaTrail™, which rewards them with different awards as soon as they start climbing.
The slot is backed by the Megaclusters™ mechanic, which can generate winnings of up to 47,200x a player’s bet, and the aforementioned Megatrail™ mechanic.
To win, players must form a combination of 5 or more matching symbols in a cluster in adjacent positions anywhere on the screen on a dynamic 5×5 grid. Since each winning symbol creates 4 smaller ones as mentioned above, a player can play with 100 symbols on a 10×10 grid.
Regular paying symbols are classic gambling equipment. A winning cluster of 25+ is worth a 30x to 50x a player’s bet.
The game has high volatility, a maximum win of 47,200x a player’s bet, RTP of 96.44% and the game can be played on any device.
Wild symbol – the Wild, aka the W, substitutes for every other symbol in creating cluster wins. It may contain a multiplier of up to 5x in the Megatrail™.
Megaclusters™ – during this feature, after creating a win, the winning symbols disappear and 4 smaller symbols replace each regular symbol, offering the player an extra chance to create consecutive wins as mentioned above. Small winning symbols will be replaced by symbols of the same size and all consecutive wins belong to the same spin. However, creating wins with all regular-size symbols will reward the player with a total of 100 small symbols. Each time a consecutive winning streak ends, the grid resets to 25 symbols.
Megatrail™ – during this feature, the Megatrail™, located to the left of the reels, contains 12 rungs, as mentioned above. The player moves forward one step at a time in the track for each consecutive win and gets back to the bottom when they stop creating new wins.
The feature changes setup with each spin. However, it will always include Free Spins on the seventh rung and a cash reward on the top rung. Additionally, at least 3 random Bonuses will land on the trail on each spin, apart from the Free Spins and the cash reward, meaning that some rungs are sometimes empty. The 12 Trail Bonuses are:
- Wilds – randomly adds up to 10 Wilds on the screen;
- Multiplier Wilds – randomly adds Wilds with up to 5x multipliers;
- Symbol Explosions – each instance of the displayed symbol will eliminate all symbols in its row or column;
- Symbol Subdivide – each regular symbol of the displayed type will transform into 4 smaller symbols of the same type;
- Symbol Upgrade – upgrades all symbols of the displayed type to another specified symbol;
- Symbol to Wild – each symbol of the displayed type will transform into a Wild;
- Mega Wild – adds a grid of 4 Wilds to the screen. Two grids of Wilds are added in the Free Spins;
- Win Multiplier – adds a multiplier for the whole spin up to 10x. However, the Bonus Reward is not multiplied;
- Explosions – up to 3 explosions, in the indicated form, will eliminate symbols from the screen;
- Symbol Duplication – 5 regular-sized symbols of the displayed type will be added to a row or column on the screen;
- 50:50 – removes each symbol in the top, bottom, left or right half of the screen;
- Max Megaclusters – replaces each large symbol with 4 smaller symbols, offering the player a total of 100 symbols;
Furthermore, the Bonus Reward on the 12th rung is worth up to 1,000x during the base game and 2,000x a player’s bet in the Free Spins. In addition, the Free Spins are played with the enhanced Megatrail™ and the player returns to the regular one when the Free Spins are over.
Free Spins – reaching the 7th rung on the Megatrail™ during the base game activates 6 free spins. The player will get an enhanced Megatrail™ for the whole round as mentioned above with a Bonus Reward of up to 2,000x a player’s bet on top and at least 6 Bonus Rewards on the trail rungs. Furthermore, it will reward the player with 3 additional spins and they may get 99 spins if luck is on their side.
Bonus Buy – if the player chooses to activate the Free Spins immediately, they can buy 6 free spins at a cost of 60x of the bet.