PRNewswire – CG Technology™, a preeminent technology company, announced today that it has launched CG Sports, a new version of its mobile sports wagering app for Apple®, Android™ and Windows PC devices. The new CG Sports app contains an even broader selection of wagering options including future bets, proposition bets, and parlays. Users can place bets, view active and past bets, as well as efficiently manage their wallet. These features are supported by a new user interface that offers enhanced functionality and a more intuitive experience. CG Sports is available for all Android devices of OS version 2.3 (Gingerbread) or higher, iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad Mini, as well as on Windows PCs running Windows Vista or higher (including 7, 8 and 8.1).
“At CG Technology we are dedicated to continually improving our technology to offer customers the best, most innovative wagering experience in Nevada and in Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas,” said Lee M. Amaitis, President and CEO of CG Technology. “Our previous mobile sports wagering generated approximately 60% of the wagers CG Technology received. As a preeminent technology company we strive to do better, to be more consumer-focused, and more innovative. The new app was built to cater to the importance of on-the-go, real-time convenience for today’s consumer.”
Mr. Amaitis continued: “With more games, more wagering opportunities, and a smarter, intuitive way to place wagers, we believe CG Sports meets the demands of today’s sports wagering enthusiast.”
CG Sports offers the following features for certain sports games and events:
- Future Bets: a wager on a selection or set of selections for an event that will happen in the future, such as a team or teams to win a division or league championship or season win totals. The event may consist of a single event or a set of events.
- In-Running: a wager made after the game begins, i.e. during the live event; it can be either a proposition or an outcome-based wager.
- Continuous Markets: a money line, spread, and total which can be wagered on while the game is in progress.
- Propositions Bets: a unique wager based on the outcome of a specific action. Prop bets can be wagered on prior to the start of a game.
- Offer/Counter offer
- Offer: Place any size wager. Once a customer’s wager has been accepted, the CG Sports app has the ability to offer the customer an additional wager at the same odds. The customer can then choose whether or not to accept the offer.
- Counter Offer: Place any size wager. If the wager is not accepted, the CG Sports app has the ability to send a “counter offer” at the same odds for a lower amount. The customer is then given the option to accept the “counter offer.”
- Easy Bet: Want quick action because you always bet the same amount? Our “Easy Bet” feature allows you to set a default bet amount so that any straight wager can be placed with only two touches.
- Parlays: a wager of two or more selections tied together to make one wager. All selections must win for the wager to be considered a winner.
- Place a Similar Parlay: after a customer has placed a parlay bet, they can place a similar parlay. This is beneficial to the avid sports wagerer who wants to place the same wager by adding or removing an additional leg (or team) to change the odds.
- Teasers: a wager normally consisting of multiple teams on which the points on a spread or total can be adjusted in the bettor’s favor.
- Entering ‘To Win’ amount on bet placement: customers have the choice to enter how much they would like to win as well as how much they would like to bet upon the placement of their wager.
“We collaborated with consumers to understand what worked and what didn’t on the current sports wagering apps in the marketplace,” said Matthew Morrissette, Chief Technology Officer at CG Technology. “With this feedback in mind, we redesigned our user interface to function more intuitively on mobile phones, tablets and Windows PCs, and the iOS version has been updated to match iOS 7 visual guidelines and look and feel.”
Mr. Morrissette continued: “Our goal was to launch an app that was more user-friendly, more intuitive and more interactive. The features and functionality contained within CG Sports are fresh and clean. The user experience is a fun one but also an efficient and productive one. The end result is a radical improvement for our users.”
Sports wagering enthusiasts can place wagers on their smartphones by downloading CG Sports. It is available for use by CG Technology wagering customers who are 21 years of age or older and may be used only within the State of Nevada or in Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Customers can sign up for their CG Technology wagering account in-person at any CG Technology Sports Book located in the State of Nevada or in Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas.
About CG Technology™
CG Technology is a preeminent technology company providing innovative technological products for a variety of gaming-related industries including casinos, integrated resorts, cruise lines, and lottery companies. It provides private networks, systems, operations, management services, system licensing, and hardware and software design and development.
We operate eight race and sports books in Las Vegas, including: M Resort Spa Casino, the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, the New Tropicana Las Vegas, the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, The Palazzo Lagasse’s Stadium and The Venetian Las Vegas, Palms Casino Resort, and Silverton Casino. The company has a growing global presence, our international partners include: Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas, Celebrity Cruises, and Logrand Group in Mexico.
We are a leader in providing mobile gaming technology for casino-style games, and mobile sports wagering technology in the state of Nevada and internationally, via Android™ and Apple® compatible applications. We are passionate about applying best-in-class technology to offer a unique and innovative gaming experience. For more information please visit: http://www.cgtglobal.com/