On Sunday, September 19th, 2021 the Cleveland Browns hosted the Houston Texans from First Energy Stadium located in Cleveland, Ohio. During the Cleveland Browns’ opening offensive drive their superstar and highly – respected veteran wide receiver, Jarvis Landry, suffered a knee injury, and he was forced to leave the football game.
The Cleveland Browns ended up defeating the Houston Texans last weekend with a final score of 31 to 21, but that was not the only thing on the minds of the Cleveland Browns organization and their fans as everyone associated with this NFL franchise was extremely concerned with the well – being of their number one wide receiver and ultimate play – maker in Landry.
Following the game against the Houston Texans, on Monday, September 20th, 2021 Jarvis was reevaluated by the Cleveland Browns team physicians, and following Landry’s MRI and other testing it was determined that he has a sprained MCL in his knee. The Cleveland Browns’ head coach in Kevin Stefanski publicly announced on Monday that Jarvis is currently listed as “week to week” and his immediate future has yet to be determined.
If the Cleveland Browns choose to place Landry on the injured reserve list, he would be required to miss at least 3 NFL games, and the Cleveland Browns will have to continue to monitor and evaluate the progress of his recovery in regards to this recent knee injury. Jarvis has missed only one ball game since his NFL career began back in 2014. Landry was forced to miss a game against the New York Jets during the 2020 – 2021 season of the National Football League after being in close contact to someone who tested positive for COVID – 19.
“Every Time I put this brace on somebody gon have to pay for it in the near future 👿👿👿 #Offline,” the Cleveland Browns highly – talented veteran star wide receiver, Jarvis Landry, tweeted.
Other Injuries for the Cleveland Browns
September 20, 2021
- Baker Mayfield – The Cleveland Browns’ starting quarterback is currently listed as questionable with a sore shoulder heading in to their next regular season game against the Chicago Bears on Sunday, September 26th, 2021. He will most likely play at the QB position for the Cleveland Browns’ game vs. the Chicago Bears this weekend unless he aggravates this minor injury.
- Jarvis Landry – The Cleveland Browns’ starting wide receiver is listed as week to week for now with his formerly mentioned MCL sprain in his knee. Landry will most likely have to miss the upcoming football match – up against the Chicago Bears this Sunday.
- Odell Beckham Jr. – The Cleveland Browns’ other big – name wide receiver in Beckham Jr. has been questionable for the entire beginning of the 2021 – 2022 NFL season with his recently surgically repaired knee. It is expected that he will make his debut this season for the Cleveland Browns in week 3 vs. the Chicago Bears’ tough defense.
- Chris Hubbard – The Cleveland Browns offensive tackle is listed as out right now without any more explanation.
September 17, 2021
- Anthony Walker – This linebacker for the Cleveland Browns was placed on the injured reserve list on Friday, September 17th, 2021 with a hamstring injury.
September 3, 2021
- Jacob Phillips – This Cleveland Browns’ linebacker was put on the injured reserve list on Wednesday with a lingering bicep injury.
August 31, 2021
- Drew Forbes – This Cleveland Browns guard was put on the injured reserve list with a nagging knee injury.
August 25, 2021
- Montrel Meander – This linebacker for the Cleveland Browns was placed on the injured reserve list Tuesday following a surgery to repair his Achilles tendon.
- Conner Davis – This Cleveland Browns’ tight end was put on the injured reserve list on Tuesday as well due to the fact that he is dealing with a shoulder injury.
August 17, 2021
- Stephen Carlson – The Cleveland Browns moved Carlson to the IR list as he will require surgery to repair his knee, and Stephen is now expected to miss the entire 2021 – 2022 NFL season.
- Ryan Switzer – This white wide receiver of the Cleveland Browns will undergo foot surgery, and he was placed on the injured reserve list back on August 17th, 2021.
August 9, 2021
- Tre Harbison – This Cleveland Browns’ running back suffered a concussion, and there is no timetable available at the moment for his return to football activities.
Landry’s Football Career Achievements, Honors, and Awards
Throughout one of the best wide receivers in the National Football League’s total football career, Landry has accomplished a great deal during his time playing in both the NCAA’s college football system as well as the NFL. Jarvis’ football career achievements, honors, and awards include Landry being selected to the NFL’s Pro Bowl 5 – times (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019), he was the National Football League’s receptions leader back in 2017, hen was named to the PFWA’s All – Rookie Team in 2014, and he was named to the Second – Team All – SEC way back in 2013.