Just yesterday, the governor of Nevada signed an executive order which will see a new committee formed to work on tourism in the southern portion of the state. The committee will be working on projects to prioritize improvement in tourism. The committee will be drafting a report and providing recommendations for projects in 2016.
The new committee will have 11 members and will see Steve Hill, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development Executive Director, serving as the chairman. Six executives from casinos as well as two government leaders, the University of Nevada president and the CEO of the Las Vegas Metro Chamber will also serve on the committee.
The new group will be titled the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee and will serve to help Nevada remain a leader in tourism. Governor Brian Sandoval stated that Nevada must continue to lead the international industry into the next generation of travel and tourism.
Members of the committee include:
- UNLV President Len Jessup serving as vice chairman
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman
- Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak
- Chamber President and CEO Kristin McMillan
- Caesars Entertainment’s Tom Jenkin
- Boyd Gaming’s Bill Noonan
- MGM Resorts International’s Bill Hornbuckle
- Wynn Resorts Kim Sinatra
- Las Vegas Sands George Markantonis
- Station Casinos Mike Sloan