Slated to take place October 23 – 24 at the luxury hotel Steigenberger Wiltcher’s located on the exclusive shopping promenade Avenue Louise in the heart of Brussels, Belgium, the Responsibility in Gaming Conference (RiG) will focus on what can and should be done by stakeholders to create a responsible gaming policy that is both workable and effective.
The inaugural two-day event is customized to provide information that is specific and concrete to decision-makers in the lottery, online and land-based industry segments so that they may administer responsible gambling principles to their respective root business operations.
Pieter Remmers, conference organizer and responsible gambling expert, asks and explains…
…“Why attend? This conference not only aims to bring together the entire gaming and gambling industry – from lotteries to online casino operators – but is also designed to allow attendees of various backgrounds to exchange insights and learn from each other. Top executives and top researchers in the area of responsible gambling will share their views on how to translate evidence-based research into best practices.”
The following speakers have already confirmed their attendance:
- Alan Littler, Kalff Katz & Franssen
- Birgitte Sand, Director of the Danish Gambling Authority (Spillemyndigheden)
- Dan Iliovici, Vice President ROMBET Bucharest, Romania
- Francesco Rodano, Chief Policy Officer Playtech (former Italian online gaming regulator)
- Jeffrey Derevensky, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology McGill University (Author Book: Teen Gambling: Understanding a Growing Epidemic)
- Jonathan Parke, founder of Sophro
- Kim Mouridsen, Associate Professor at Aarhus University, Head of Neuroimaging Methods, MINDLab, Founder of Mindway AI
- Michael Auer, Neccton / Mentor
- Per Jaldung, Chairman of the Board of the European Casino Association (ECA)
- Philippe Vlaemminck, Managing Partner at Pharumlegal
- Roland Louski, head of Regulatory Affairs, Belgian National Lottery
- Russel Mifsud, Associate Director, Gaming, KPMG Malta
- Simo Dragicevic, Founder and CEO BetBuddy/Playtech
- Simon Planzer, Founder and Partner PLANZER LAW
- Zoe Theocharis, Data & Insights, Behavioural Scientist, Camelot Group
When & where:
The program starts after lunch on October 23 at Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel Brussels, Belgium, with an opening/prologue to lead into Setting the Scene & Focus on AI (part 1), with the day’s events winding down with a dinner for all participants at 19:00. The next day kicks off at 09:00 with Focus on AI (part 2), with the two-day event wrapping up at lunchtime around 13:00 on October 24.
Conference organizer, Willem van Oort, said…
“Our aim is to bring together C-level and senior management executives, as well as responsible regulators, to stimulate fruitful discussions on the practical, business-relevant aspects of responsible gaming and gambling. We have designed the program in such a way that attendees can travel in the morning, attend the afternoon, evening and next morning sessions and then travel back home, having spent minimal time away from the office.”