After 20 years in business, PokerStars is celebrating big time! Starting in just a few days is the Big 20 Rewind festival, a special tournament series with $5.5 million in prize money up for grabs! Players can compete in 23 events, each representing a landmark event in the history of the poker brand. This schedule is quite unique, with events offering not only prize money but also special prizes.
How It Began
The Big 20 Rewind will begin on November 14 and offer the 2001—Year of PokerStars event. The tournament will have a buy-in of $11 and offer a $100,000 guaranteed prize pool. The winner earns a cash prize as well as Main Event buy-ins to the SCOOP and the WCOOP. On top of that, the first place finisher earns a package to the EPT and a PSPC Platinum Pass.
The next event is 2002—Year of WCOOP. It also takes place on November 14. The event has a larger prize pool of $250,000 and includes a buy-in of $1,050. Along with prize money, the winner of this event will get to take home a trip around the world.
If you are looking for the biggest payout, then it’s the event on November 23 that you want to take part in. The 2009—Year of the SCOOP: High Tier Freezeout offers a buy-in of $10,300 and includes a total prize pool of $750,000. The winner earns a big prize as well as a luxury watch as part of the special gift to the winner.
Most of the online poker events offer up a special prize on top of the guaranteed cash. With so many luxury items up for grabs and moderately low buy-ins, PokerStars is sure to see a ton of traffic during the Big 20 Rewind festival.
Full Schedule of Events
- 2001—Year of PokerStars $100K guarantee $11 buy-in
- 2002—Year of WCOOP $250K guarantee $1,050 buy-in
- 2003—Year of Moneymaker $125K guarantee $86 buy-in
- 2004—Year of EPT $250K guarantee $1,050 buy-in
- 2005—Year of PCA $100K guarantee $109 buy-in
- 2006—Year of Sunday Million $1M guarantee $215
- 2007—Year of PokerStars EPT Live $20K guarantee Freeroll
- 2008—Year of the Turbo Takedown $100K guarantee $30
- 2009—Year of the SCOOP Low Tier $300K guarantee $109
- 2009—Year of the SCOOP Mid Tier $700K guarantee $1,050
- 2009—Year of the SCOOP High Tier $750K guarantee $10,300
- 2010—Year of the Big Game $250K guarantee $55
- 2011—Year of the Home Games $100K guarantee $11
- 2012—Year of Zoom $125K guarantee $11
- 2013—Year of the PKO $225K guarantee $22
- 2014—Year of the Spin & Go $100K guarantee $10
- 2015—Year of Sports & Casino $200K guarantee $55
- 2016—Year of the USA $200K guarantee $200
- 2017—Year of Twitch $100K guarantee $11
- 2018—Year of the Platinum Pass $50K guarantee $5.50
- 2019—Year of the PSPC $150K guarantee $25
- 2020—Year of the Arena $300K guarantee $2,500