On Saturday evening around 6:42 p.m. the local fire department of Atlantic City received a call that a fire had broken out at the Bally’s Wild West Casino. The gaming floor was evacuated, with firefighters finding the transformer room of the third floor was filled with black smoke. Due to the smoke, the source of the fire was hard to fine, but Fire Chief Scott Evans stated that the firefighters determined it was an electrical panel that caused the fire.

The panel was burning and firefighters had to use a dry chemical extinguisher to put out the flames. Water could not be used as the room had a large amount of electricity being used. By almost 8:00 p.m., the fire was under control. The smell of the electrical wires burning was strong and could be sniffed out from the casino floor and even on the street. The hard part after the fire was put out would be to eliminate the toxic smoke.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.